A business email address has your company domain name instead of the generic gmail or yahoo account. Today, every successful business has its own business email address. For example, the company domain of Molly Maid is mollymaid.com, so their business email address is email@example.com. You’ll see firstname.lastname@example.org for their customer service on Facebook About Us.
Why? To a customer, knowing a business’ email address means trust since anyone can create these generic email accounts. Using a professional business email address is vital if you want your business to succeed.
We don’t really any option for free business email address after Google stopped offering the free edition of G Suite to new customers on December 6, 2012. The only option may be Zoho. However, if you don’t get used to another user interface other than Gmail, Zoho is really not a good option.
We’ve read many bloggers recommend BlueHost. However, it’s not really free. It asks you to pay them $2.95/month, which equal to $35/year, which is much more expensive than a cost of a single domain name, which usually $9.99 or $12.
The only free solution we found so far is Mailgun with the combination of Gmail. Mailgun is a transactional Email APIs that enable you to send, receive, and track emails, trusted by 150,000 business. You can send 10,000 email for free per month as of February of 2020, which is great for a small business. They may update the free tier soon but it’s still a great free choice. Here are the benefits:
- Send and receive email within Gmail;
- Unlimited business email address for unlimited users, which means you can assign the business email address to different team members;
- 10k free email every month;
- Email performance report with Mailgun;
Here is how to set your free business email address. Section 1, 2, 3 are the how-to guide for sending email via Gmail. Section 4 is the instruction for receiving email on Gmail.
1. Mailgun setting
1. Login to Mailgun dashboard
2. Click “Sending” menu, then click on “Domain settings”.
3. If you haven’t setup your domain, follow this instructions to add a domain.
4. If you have already created the email domain, go to “SMTP credentials”
5. Click “New SMTP User” button on top right corner
6. Add the name as your wish, for example, email@example.com; Then click “submit”
7. You’ll see a password dialog; Copy the password to your notebook, we will use it in the next section.
We’re all set on mailgun section.
2. Gmail settings
1. Login to Gmail
2. Click on Setting, then “Account” tab
3. Under “Send email as” section, click “Add another email address”.
4. Enter your name and email address you created on your Mailgun. Then “Next Step”.
5. Enter following information:
- SMTP: mxa.mailgun.org
- Password: the one you saved on step 7 of section 1.
- Port: 587
- Username: same as above
6. Set this business address as default if you like.
7. Test it.
Great! Now you have an official business email address and can be sent from Gmail.